St. Patrick' Society President
As the administrative assistant for the Society, you are responsible for the organization, co-ordination and maintenance of the Society's office and office operations as outlined by the president and executive committee. The administrative assistant is responsible for all communications related to the Society, its Members and Sister Societies as well as ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the office and its ongoing operations and events.
The administrative assistant will:
- Provide administrative support to the executive and committee chairs.
- Enter data in QuickBooks ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all statements and transactions.
- Answer all mail, electronic and hard copy, and calls to the society.
- Promote the society using the various social media platforms.
- Advise the president on a timely basis of any issues related to questions or queries from internal or external sources.
- Be prepared to work at all Society events
- Direct all requests for sponsorship or donations directly to the president and chairs of the various committees on a timely basis.
- Be responsible for all deposits to the Society’s bank accounts on a timely basis, including but not limited to event receipts, donations and membership fees.
- Reconcile bank statements and prepare cheques as required
- Maintain membership list and accuracy of same
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- Communicate proficiently in English and French, both written and spoken
- Display excellent judgement and maintain integrity
- Demonstrate effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Manage your time efficiently through prioritization and multitasking
- Have team working skills and a great ability to adapt to change
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Have knowledge of standard accounting practices and procedures
- Work proficiently with Microsoft Office, Excel, Power point, Word and PayPal
- Have a high school diploma (Administrative degree or equivalent is an asset)
- Have a minimum of 5 year’s experience in an administrative and supervisory role
- Part time approximately 20 hours per week as required.
- Additional hours will be required during high peak seasons in accordance with the society’s events.
- Remuneration is based on your knowledge, skills, abilities & experience
Who is the St. Patrick’s Society of Montreal?
Founded in 1834, the Society seeks to promote the Irish community in Montreal so that it can play a vital role in Quebec and Canadian society, which is made possible by the solid foundation laid by previous generations who made an outstanding contribution to the social, cultural, political, educational and religious life of the province. Inspired by its constitution, the Society continues to lend its voice to the Irish diaspora in Canada so that it is heard in situations that affect the community’s well-being.
In addition to playing a leadership role, the Society works with other Irish organizations to maintain the strength and confidence of our constituent community. It confirms the historic role played by the Irish as a link between French and English - sharing the culture and religion of some, the language and the history of others.
The Society is always looking for new members, who are encouraged to help implement plans to promote a dynamic and passionate Montreal Irish community.
Do you share our vision?
Submission deadline: Resumés must be sent to Jim Killin, President no later than October 3, 2016